Call of Applications for
Accountability Initiative for Reform (AIR Foundation) is a non-profit organization aimed at helping people to always have access to honest information from all institutions of society. It builds open relationships among institutions and provides citizens with instruments for initiating reforms.
AIR Foundation has three main thematic programs for the period of 2019 – 2024.
- Data for Social Good, aims at utilizing open data for the social benefit of society;
- Digital Rights and Freedoms, aims at discovering and addressing new challenges for human rights in the digital era;
- Open Institutions, aims to make all institutions, including government, business, media and non-profit sector more transparent and accountable.
Knowledge Management Internship is an intensive 3 months internship program for undergraduate, graduate students and recent graduates. Internship is well-suited for candidates with interests in non-profit organization, policy areas of AIR Foundation and learning about best practices in knowledge management. It consists of lectures, research activities, team-work and participation in conferences.
Knowledge Management Intern will join Research, Monitoring and Evaluation team and will be assisting the team in creating the knowledge foundation for all the research and project work of our organization. Intern will closely collaborate with the staff members, assist them in their knowledge collection strategies, create knowledge trees, monitor relevant publications, newspapers and organization and write short articles and longer analyses.
The mission of the internship is to provide students and recent graduates with the ability to find, structure and manage information and create user-friendly knowledge database. The work of interns will greatly contribute to the operations of AIR Foundation, as it will create a basis for every new project, thereby helping AIR Foundation in achieving its mission.
- This is unpaid, 3-months long internship located in Almaty, Kazakhstan;
- This is structured program, with lectures and assignments conducted in English and Russian;
- Requires at least 10 hours commitment per week for lectures and team-work;
- Requires a strong balance between independent and team work;
- You will collect information, create knowledge tree and research each topic;
- You will constantly read and analyze relevant publications and newspapers;
- You will write short articles on weekly or bi-weekly basis and perform translations;
- From time to time, you may be assigned additional tasks on ad-hoc basis;
- You will be working in a friendly and open-minded environment in the various fancy places of Almaty, like universities, co-working spaces and coffee houses :).
Benefits for Interns:
- Interns will gain understanding and skills in knowledge management;
- Interns will gain in-depth knowledge in thematic areas of AIR Foundation;
- Interns will have opportunity to network with experts and policy-makers;
- Interns will have opportunity to participate in various workshops, conferences and working groups as members of AIR Foundation;
- Interns will develop own portfolio of works which is useful for future job-hunting;
- If interested, interns will gain training in hard skills (e.g. data visualization);
- If interested, interns may participate in lectures on project management or research.
- Good command of English is a must;
- Interest in the thematic directions of AIR Foundation;
- Undergraduate students of 3rd of 4th year, graduate students or recent graduates with majors in Political Science, Public Policy, International Relations, Sociology, Economics or related fields;
- All other candidates are also welcome to apply and their applications will be considered on individual basis;
- Clear and structured thinking, strong organizational skills;
- Good writing and reading skills;
- Ability to collect and analyze data and write up results in short and cohesive manner;
- Familiarity with online research, relevant publications, databases and organizations (the UN, Transparency International) is a plus (but not mandatory);
- Some familiarity with user-friendly interface, basic design principles is a plus (but not mandatory).
HOW TO APPLY:
- Motivation Letter (1-page max) and CV, both in English and in PDF;
- Strongly motivated applicants may also send a writing samples of their past works written in English – but this is not mandatory;
- Please send your application with the subject: “KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIP” to: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Applications for internship are open on the rolling basis with no deadlines; every application will be considered individually, and if there is a match, we will contact you for the interview.
AIR Foundation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for internship without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.